Alessio’s story is brand new, and just began in 2012! The wine making project, however, came from years of studies, trials and errors, discoveries, passion and hard work. After a few years as a garagiste, he won the 2012 edition of the Garage Wine Contest in Genoa with his AKA, a Bardolino Chiaretto traditional method. In that precise moment the idea of Bigagnolisince 2012 was born.
That project would have been anything but easy, but he had finally received the confirmations he had been looking for. That acknowledgment gave him the strength and the awarenes she needed. So, despite the tough historical moment for those intending to start a business, he decided to embark on this wonderful adventure. His starting point was a vineyard owned by his father Raffaello and his brother Giuseppe. He took care of his small plot of land through out the summer and the following autumn, and it went right up to its first harvest. A friend allowed him to take his grapes to his cellar and personally follow the entirewine making process.
With his first bottle in his hands, he was at the starting point of a story to be told!
Its vineyards are located on a hilly terrain of morainic origin in the city of Bardolino, precisely in Calmasino, the town where Alessio was born and raised. Calmasino is a small village on the hills that flank the east shore of Lake Garda where the climate and soil deeply characterize the local wines. The vineyard has an area of about 5000 meters with vines ranging in age from 5 to 30 years. The cultivated varieties are Garganega, Corvina, Rondinella, Molinara and Oseleta. Alessio’s dream would be to create a French-style CRU Calmasino, and we can’t wait to see that day!
The Wines Chosen For You
Bardolino DOC Classic Chiaretto
A beautiful rosé with a bright color and an olfactory bouquet of pleasantly acidulous red fruits. The tantalizing spicy note and good acidity go so well with its sapidity. It is perfect with fresh water fish, and asian cuisine such as sushi, and tempura.
Scrum Red Wine
In the game of rugby, scrum is the clash of sixteen players, during which they release all their strength and intertwine in a single, harmonious movement. This wine is a homage to rugby, the sport that Alessio loves the most. Scrum is a blend of two grapes: one more elegant and refined – Corvina, 80% – the other rougher and more impetuous – Oseleta, 20%. Like two teams, they meet to create a unique and unbeatable blend of aromas and flavors. Their playground is clayver, an innovative ceramic amphora that allows the grapes to fully express their characteristics, without being masked by wood. Finally, sixteen months of refinement: one for each player. A late harvest for Alessio’s most personal wine. A beautiful concentration that leaves room for cleanliness and elegance, spice, hints of leather and refined tannins. The perfect pairing for a lightly seared steak, and a pleasant surprise with tandoori chicken!